Friday, June 13, 2014

Welcome Our Newest Innovator

John Costello is my Speech and Language Pathologist. He lectures around the world and is arguably the "Father of Message Banking", which he's been doing for 20 years. 

We are honored to have Mr. Costello as our second Innovator. His vision is to create a center which will support the growing need for his message banking service. 

As a side note: If i had known about message banking before my voice was slurred, i would have a bank of messages like: "I love you." for my wife, "Good job buddy." for my sons and even "Give me a break!" for times when i'm exasperrated. Not a robotic voice - my own voice saying things with my own unique tone and inflection. Part of what made me, me. If you know or are someone who has been diagnosed with ALS, please get started message banking as soon as possible.

Please watch the video and read the recent Boston Globe article about John, his work and his passion to help people preserve part of what makes them unique.

http://www.hope-jg.org/#!innovators/c23ff

No comments:

Post a Comment